Frequently Asked Questions

  1. I am having trouble with getting Registered?

    Please contact the hospital you have been allocated to and discuss the issue with your potential Head of Department.

  2. I will be on holiday up until I am due to start work. What will I need to do?

    The Head of Department of the Hospital you have been allocated to must complete a lot of paperwork and this will need your input. You may also need to attend Staff health. If this is delayed because you are not available, it could delay your employment commencement. This may not be acceptable for the hospital, and they could reconsider your employment. This matter is between you and the hospital. This is not the responsibility of the New Graduate Allocation Committee

  3. I will finish my course in December 2017 but want to travel for 12 months. Can I apply for Allocation starting in 2019?

    No. You cannot defer your application. You can only apply at the time you finish your University course. The Allocation year is linked to the graduation year.

  4. I went to Uni in Queensland. Can I apply for NSW Allocation?

    No. Only NSW graduates are eligible for the NSW Physiotherapy New Graduate Allocation Program.

  5. I have a post assessment in Jan 2018. Can I still apply for Allocation?

    No. You need to be eligible for Registration at the time the University submits your final results. You will not be able to be employed without registration.

  6. I have a bridging visa. I am hoping to be a permanent resident by February 2018 can I apply for Allocation?

    No you have to be a permanent resident to be employed. Unless you can prove this status at the time of applying you are not eligible.

  7. I need to book a holiday in 2018 - how do I apply for leave?

    You need a job first! The Annual Leave Act covers the entitlement of annual leave. The 'entitlement' is effective AFTER you have worked for 12 months, and is for 4 weeks leave pro rata. All NSW Public Hospitals Physiotherapists are employed under the same award regulations.. Leave accrued during the year up to your entitlement (anniversary date) is called 'Pro rata'. Some Heads of Department MAY approve some leave but it is at their discretion.

  8. I have changed my mind about my preferences. Can I change them please?

    No. Once they have been submitted then they are not able to be changed.

  9. I have graduated in another state, but live in NSW – am I eligible to apply for NSW Allocation?

    No. Only graduates from NSW tertiary facilities are eligible to apply for Allocation in NSW.

  10. I graduated late due to a post exam and missed out on Allocation last year, am I eligible to apply for Allocation this year?

    Yes, but only if you have not been employed before the 1st of August this year. If you have been employed between graduation and before the 1st of August this year you are not eligible to apply.